Saturday, January 19, 2008

Winter Weather


As long as I have lived in Georgia, I can't recall experiencing two different snow showers happening in the same week. We did experience an exciting 14 inches of snow in Warner Robins back on February 9, 1973, which was a weather record. Today, being the second show of the week, just might be weather history as well.

We woke up with overcast skies and by 9:30 we had sleet that turned into snow. This wasn't my idea of the snow day I had wished for (a special pajama day off) but I made it a special day just the same. Today became a movie day. I watched two wonderful films, Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress and The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (for the 16th time). Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison are both wonderful but my favorite is the cottage, Whitecliff by the Sea. Of course every time I see the film I can't believe that Lucy had the Monkey Tail Tree cut down. A four foot Monkey Tail Tree in the Atlanta market costs several hundred dollars! Anyway, the film is wonderful and I enjoy it no matter how many times I watch it.

Tonight the temperatures are dropping to 19 degrees so the snow will still be outside when we wake up. We won't be able to sit on the front porch to have our coffee because it is too cold but we can look at the window from the dining room and see our neighbors snowy yard. Hope you like the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment