Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Trapped in a Parking Deck



So my husband says that a picture of handcuffs on my blog is scary. That is true, but, so is having to spend time in jail. Last night I was feeling imprisoned by a parking deck. It seems these days parking decks are replacing attendants with machines. There is nothing wrong with that when things work but when things go wrong trying to get out the the parking deck is impossible. Last night I spent 25 minutes in a line up of roughly 18 cars that were all paralyzed by automation. During that 25 minute wait I spent my time looking at a wall and listening to lots of angry folks honking horns.

I have never been so happy as when the line began to move and I was on my way home. It was then I got on the freeway, turned up the radio and listened to The Jazz of the City - 91.5. Great evening music.

No comments:

Post a Comment