Monday, December 15, 2008

Friends, Decorating and Christopher Radko


Yesterday we went to an afternoon open house for cookies and spiked punch at my girlfriend's house. Each year she decorates every inch of her house (I mean that) and it is exquisitely adorned. Every room has its own theme but no matter what room you are in there are holiday "surprises" tucked in every nook and cranny. You will even find Christmas movies playing on flat screens throughout the house. It is such a delightful holiday event to attend and every year I look forward to going to see all the decorations and decorating that has taken place in preparation for Christmas. One of the most spectacular sights is the Christopher Radko tree in the living room. It is completely covered in ornaments though not all of her ornaments could be hung on the tree. I wish I had thought to take more photos to share with you but one photo I did take is the Christopher Radko tree. Click on the photo to enlarge and see some of the beautiful ornaments. Please note the "sweet" candy garland.

A fellow blogger didn't have as much luck at getting her tree up but it made for a very funny post. Stop by and visit Mary at Little Red House to read about her tree adventure.

5 comments:

  1. Oh. MY. Stars! I am sooooo jealous of that tree...specifically, all of those ornaments! I aspire to a tree like that someday (when I grow up!) Just lovely. Wish I could come, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That tree is breathtaking! What a wonderful time you must have had! I'm always inspired by decorating like that--if it were my tree, I'd have to put bubble wrap all over the floor--my trees have a sad history of falling over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Jojo! I have one Christopher Radko ornament, and I scolded my hubby for giving it to me because I know how expensive they are!

    Such a beautful tree! Your friend sounds like a wonderful person.

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a whole lot of money...I mean ornaments hanging on that tree! Wow!

    Regarding your question about my snowflake cookies...I had problems with them breaking AFTER I baked them. They were fine before I baked them. I used a copper cookie cutter too. I've had mine for years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous - christopher Radko ornaments are some of the most beautiful, xv.

    ReplyDelete