Sunday, September 25, 2011

Habitat, the Day After the Build - It Hurts So Good!

Is that possible?   The past few weeks have been insanely busy full of some great activities and events.  One of the fun things I've been working on is a Habitat house.  Have you ever worked on one?   
I believe this is the seventh house I've worked on and I would be telling a tall tale if I said I loved it.  I love the outcome but some weeks it's really hard to get motivated, depending on the tasks that need to be done.  Have you ever installed insulation?  
This week was week number 5 and we worked on trimming and caulking.  This is one of the weeks I would call a fun week.  On Habitat days we work from 7:30 - 4:00 (I have to get there a bit early to make sure we have coffee).   Yesterday was a great day but this morning I was so sore!   I really need to exercise more.  Thinking about exercising more made me think of my high school PE teacher Mrs. Lunsford and the crazy record we used to have to exercise to each day in preparation for the President's Physical Fitness exam.  Do you remember it?  

8 comments:

  1. Lol, yes, I remember it!
    Good for you volunteering, probably still hot there too!
    I will check out that blog, but I don't need to spend any more money! :)
    Hey, you birthday is coming up, I went back to read last year's poem and saw the witches visited you on your birthday!
    Have you heard from Joyce? I miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I remember that one!

    I would love to work on a Habitat house but have never really looked into it. I should do that one of these days when I'm not so busy with health issues! gah. Good for you, I think it is a grand thing to be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, too! I remember the program. Aaargh! I've never worked on this sort of thing but I have great respect and appreciation for those who do. Kudos!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard that song - but I suppose if it worked............
    Congrats on your 7th Habitat project! That is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to spend some of your time. I think Habitat for Humanity is one of the best ways to help people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always wanted to help build a Habitat house but there aren't any going up in my area. The one you helpt to build is very pretty.

    I don't rememebr this song but I do remember we had to practice sit ups and push ups to pass the physical fitness test!

    {S: Your grand daughters are so cute and thier photos make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohmygoodnessgracious! I just had a flashback to fifth grade! LOL...thanks for that, JoJo!

    Congratulations on your Habitat achievement...I'm officially inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless your sore little butt...I'm impressed! The teens at our church have gone to help out HfofH. BRAVO you, for doing it, too.

    fondly,
    Rett

    p.s. The "anti-shower" baby shower was beautiful, no matter what they called it. ♥ the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete