Friday, August 22, 2008


Penny of Lavender Hill Studio received the Tree of Happiness award and she shared it with her readership. It requires that I list 6 things that makes me happy. "You have just received the tree of happiness. It is scarcely a small plant, which depends on you to grow firmly and strongly. Plant it on your heart, water it with smiles and kindness, feel the aroma of its flowers, savour the sweetness of its fruits and protection under its shade whom you love."

So here are six things (though I could list a ton more):

1. Free Time - I love when I have easy days without too much to do so that there is time for daydreaming, reading, visiting with friends and family or piddling at home.

2. Traveling - Planning trips is one of my greatest joys. I love studying about travel destinations and trying to create the most unique adventures. To me even layovers are exciting in that I can spend time people watching in airports.

3. Being Outside - Nothing beats sitting outside on patios, in cafes & bistros, swinging on a front porch, napping in a hammock or sitting on the deck under a starry sky.

4. Rainy Days at home

5. Old Quilts

6. French-pressed coffee in a handmade pottery mug

What about you? By reading this posting you have just received this award. Please take it with you and post 6 things that make you happy.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yay! I did this recently, but would love to do another version of it. I, too, find so many things make me happy, thanks to my five senses.
    1-Cupcakes with fluffy pastel frosting.
    2-The smell of incense wafting through the yoga studio when I enter its doors.
    3-Snow days.
    4-Looking at my daughter while she sleeps, and seeing that little baby is still somewhere in there!
    5-Farm fresh fruits and vegetables.
    6-A hot bath with a few drops of eucalyptus oil sprinkled in.

    Thanks for allowing me to revisit this subject again. Always a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all six of yours! Especially being outside. I can't wait for fall breezes, so that I can open these windows and breathe it all in!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful list of happiness! I am so glad you grabbed it and passed it on!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete