Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Who Knows What Tomorrow Will Bring


Previously I have blogged briefly about the 21 year-old asylum seeker who is currently living with us. Tomorrow is her first real court date in the asylum process and I am nervous for her. Immigration court in Atlanta is known to be the toughest in the United States so I am braced for the worst. Hopefully the worst part of tomorrow will be having to gather in the office at 7:00 a.m.

It has been an interesting experience having a young person in the house. I seem to have forgotten how much they can sleep and talk on the phone. Tonight was interesting. We got home from work only to have to get in the car, drive to 3 different locations, spending more than an hour trying to find a place to take passport photos. It reminded me of those nights when my kids were young and I would get home from work only to hear one of them say, "I need some poster board for tomorrow."

The outcome for this young girl is in God's hands so we move forward with faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment