Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Best Friend's Wedding


It is 8:10 on Sunday evening February 24th. I just talked to Caitlin. It is so hard to believe that the wedding is just 6 days away. We talked through all the details ahead, the cookies, manicures, wedding details, toasts, etc. Caitlin happens to be one of the most organized people I know (short of my sister) so there is no doubt that all the details are finalized, polished AND in perfect form. I have to admit that I have gotten somewhat emotional as we get nearer the big day. When Cathie called earlier today to say that my niece, Melanie, bought and had blessed the St. Joseph's, I was somewhat overcome with emotion. It was such a personal and touching gift from a child, Caitlin's Godchild.

Since I can't be there during the full final week, I ordered some chocolate covered strawberries that I hope will be enjoyed by the bride-to-be and groom-to-be.

I just can't wait for the big day and I want to savor every minute of the celebration!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment