Saturday, February 16, 2013

Ambassador Young, Valentines, CPR, Oatmeal & Frida

2013 has been so busy and here is a sampling of activities from the past week.

It was wonderful to have a visit with former Ambassador Andrew Young.  We were so lucky to have him come visit our workplace as part of Black History Month.  He had some of the most amazing stories to share from the Civil Rights Movement.
This week was all about Valentines and we sent some of the most beautiful valentines to veterans but we also gave valentines to all of our employees who served in the Armed Forces.  What a special time we had distributing valentines.
This is Go Red for Women month and our second annual Oatmeal Bar fundraiser was a hit!  Once again we sold out of steel-cut oats.
And while focusing on heart-related topics, I took the CPR/AED training and am now certified.  Hope I don't have to use it but just in case, I'm ready.

The week ended with a lecture from Michael Shapiro who came to share highlights of the Frida & Diego exhibit which is now at the High Museum.  I can't wait to see it.

6 comments:

  1. I realised that I wasnt getting your posts on Google reader so have 'joined' you for a second time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting and productive week you had! Enjoy your Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have a wonderful life there girl. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly pack a lot into a week! Food for the mind and soul - and CPR.....an eclectic collection of activities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been very busy. Learning CPR and service to others in a myriad of ways recently has to be rewarding. I am glad to learn about so many service related activities.

    Thank you for your kind comments. They mean a lot to me.

    I love your happy header. What fun and such a pretty room. I know those girls are your delight.

    ReplyDelete