Some people don't like blog awards but I received this one I'm going to participate but break the rules just a little bit. Cheri at Cherri's Chatter honored me with the Versatile Blogger Award. I very much liked being tagged versatile and thus decided to participate in this award though I'm going to bend the rules a bit.
1st Rule is easy - Say thank you Cheri aka Cheryl! Thank you so much for the compliment! I met Cheri when she was featured on the Words of Wisdom blog as a Blogger of Note.
2nd Rule - Tell seven unknown/little known things about yourself. This becomes harder but here goes.
1. I hate Jello and egg whites. To me they have similar texture and it just makes me sick to think about eating either one. Generally I will try anything but don't ever ask me to eat Jello or egg whites.
2. Speaking of eating. I have eaten dog food. That's right. My sister-in-law and I were always curious what it tasted like and then she dared me to taste it. As I said above, I will eat almost anything so I tasted dog food.
3. I am a movie junkie to the point I'm sometimes held back from other weekend activities because I need to watch a movie (but I couldn't tell you a thing about "Housewives of...,", "The Bachelor," "American Idol," or any other primetime show. I love going to the theater and collecting movies so that I can watch them over and over again. My current favorite is Avanti and I can't stop singing the theme song.
My husband and I have had so much fun with the character Anna, the Sicilian maid in the film. Doesn't Giselda Castrini look a bit like Prince?
4. I love to travel - for work, for pleasure - it doesn't matter and I don't mind doing so alone. I have friends who won't even go to the movie by themselves and are horrified by the thought of going on a trip alone. Not me. I'm going to NY on business in a couple of weeks and I can't wait. Business is on Monday and Tuesday so I'm headed up on Friday to build in a weekend of fun!
5. Speaking of travel - we are planning a trip to Iceland!!! I can't wait. We are going in September and I am sure that I will have lots to share from that trip.
6. I'm a survivor of a car bomb. In 1983 we were visiting Lebanon and had gone to the movies (of course) when a bomb went off outside the theater. Seconds before the blast we had just walked past the vehicle that was loaded with explosives. I was four and a half months pregnant so when they finally allowed us to flee the scene, I can assure you I was a scary fright. Immediately after the blast I had a bad nose bleed from the pressure of the explosion. The theater staff held us all in place for about 25 minutes to be sure there wasn't a second explosion, then we ran down the middle of the street to avoid falling sheets of plate glass. It was a scary time! We visited the U.S. Embassy exactly one month to the day before it was bombed and I've thought so much about the sweet Marine we talked with while waiting for our appointment. He was from Virginia and when he heard me talking he came to me and said, "it's so nice to hear a southerner's voice." I've always hoped he wasn't killed in the blast.
7. I'm a workaholic though I never wanted to work. In my deepest dreams I'd always planned to be a housewife. I started working when I turned 16 and I've been working since. Working has made me a far more interesting person than I might have been otherwise so for that I am grateful.
Okay, I have rattled on with the 7 unknowns. Now for the last rule. Give the award to 15 other bloggers. Can I break this rule and instead offer it to 15 other bloggers? If you want to receive this award and participate in sharing info about yourself, send me an email and I will compile a list of participants to add to my post.
Happy Sunday and have a wonderful week.