Monday, May 11, 2009

Friendly Visits


You know spring is here when you can hear the familiar buzzing of the bees. This weekend was beautiful and the temperature outside was perfect so I took advantage of the mild weather and decided to keep my car windows down while running errands. After a quick trip to the fabric store, I got in my car only to discover there was a bee in the car with me. I quickly pulled over and opened all the car doors and I was able to safely get the bee out of the car. When I got home, I left the car windows down and went in the house for a short while knowing we would be headed to a party within the hour.

My husband and I were driving down I-75 when there it was again in the car - the familiar b-u-z-z-z-z-ing sound. Yes, again we had another bee in the car. This time we had to pull over into the emergency lane so we didn't feel safe in getting out of the car up against those large concrete walls. Instead we rolled down the windows trying to get the bee out. Sadly we finally had to take violent action as we couldn't get him out of the car.

Moral to the story - even when the weather is nice, seems it is best to keep the car windows up.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jojo!

    I'm back from my blog break and my trip to Colorado.

    I was driving with a friend once and a bee in her car caused her to get into an accident! It was a smalll fender bender but still upsetting. Gald you were all OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Atlanta is full of flowers with all those bees buzzing.

    Bees in the car are scary. I remember many times in our unairconditioned car in France when I'd be driving around, the kids screaming and swatting. Oh the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bees must like you! We are STILL having cool overcast weather. We worked between showers this weekend in the yard, it's bad! I just have to get outside or I'm going to go insane!
    joy c. at grannymountain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you didn't get stung. My hubby leaves my car windows open in the garage and the door coming into the house, I tell him all the time to close things up just because of the bees and wasps and of course yesterday watching TV I hear a buzzing noise and sure enough a wasp was in the dining room, he met an early demise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl....isn't that the truth about living in Atlanta..just when the weather gets beautiful and you can open windows it's either pollen all over everything or bees and bugs....My favorite are the wood boring bees that are determined to eat our deck....and lets not talk about the neighbors that burn things....and it's way too soon to put on the air conditioning!! So you did the best thing....go to Destin...enjoy the beautiful beach!!

    ReplyDelete