Monday, January 1, 2018

Some Things Never Change

Yesterday as I was down in my basement packing up Christmas decorations I found a folder with some memories that were packed up in an old briefcase.  Most of items in the briefcase were memories from my children but then in the midst of the folder I found an unexpected treasure.  Can you imagine how surprised I was to find one of my childhood drawings in the folder?  

The paper was yellowed with age and had been torn but the colors and the drawing were still easy to see and as I looked at my work, all I could think is that some things never change. I love flowers, birds and butterflies.  I would much rather take a vacation to see nature than to tour a big city. I just loved seeing this photo that puts me in the center of the photo, surrounded by trees, flowers, a butterfly and a bird. This was back in 1965 when I was 9 years old. What a fun discovery and a reminder to remain true to my authentic self. 

Happy New Year! 

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” 
― Lucy Maud Montgomery





2 comments:

  1. I love that little bit from LM Montgomery. She knew what was on a girl's mind!
    Since my dad's passing in November I have had lots of opportunity to look at old drawings and memorabilia. It is so touching to see what he saved and what was precious to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pondside, it is so wonderful to see your post but I'm saddened to read that you lost your dad. You must treasure being able to review all of the drawings and memorabilia your dad left behind and the chance to get to know him in a different way. I hope the new year brings you peace and joy.

    ReplyDelete