Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Story Corps Atlanta

Have you shared your story? Tonight I went to hear stories about immigration at the Auburn Avenue Research Library in Atlanta. WOW! I laughed, and cried. I nodded my head in agreement, and shook my head in disbelief. I heard stories of amazing people from more than a dozen countries some documented, and some not, but all who shared their stories of coming to America, and what it has meant to them.

Many thanks to WABE 90.1 fm, Atlanta's Public Radio and The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta for keeping Story Corps Atlanta going through the end of the year.  

If you have a story to tell, make an appointment.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. We all have our family stories, and they should be saved and shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been fascinated by the stories and old photographs of friends and family. Too many people don't realize or accept how valuable they are!

    This is a fabulous project...so glad you shared it with us. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jojo this a most poignant idea. We should do this in Kansas City.

    Last day to enter my Serena and Lily Giveaway!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your ride in the train to Portland – one of my favorite cities – it must have been so much fun. I also like to listen to Story Corps. I thought about going and telling my story of coming to the US, but it is so different from the other immigrants that I don’t think I should. They came for a better life, and frankly I came to travel (leaving a better life in Paris) so that would not do as it is the reverse from the others. I heard a lovely story yesterday on Story Corps about a couple finding each other.

    ReplyDelete