Sunday, April 3, 2011

March, On the Move

It's hard to believe that it's April and I'm still wondering what happened to March.  I spent nearly a week in D.C., another in Denver and last week included a quick trip to Charlotte.  March was fast-paced and exciting so I thought it might be fun to share a few of the highlights.  While in D.C. I attended a conference and during a reception attendees were honored to hear a presentation by Justice Ginsburg.
A few days after my trip, disaster struck Japan and I spent a weekend considering what our firm could do to help.   Rather than hold casual days I thought it would be nice if volunteers made paper cranes.  For a donation of a dollar or more, donations would be made to Japanese Red Cross Society with a goal of making 1000 paper cranes.   
 The cranes or Senbadsuru  will be delivered to an elementary school in the next month or so. 
During my trip to Denver I did managed to see snow-capped mountains from my hotel room in the early morning but most of my time was spent in the hotel conference center.  It was inspiring to hear Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.   Zappos provided all of the attendees a copy of Tony's book, Delivering Happiness and I can't wait to read it.  One evening we did step out of the hotel just to walk outside and I loved running into this young man.  
    He wouldn't share his styling secrets but he was kind enough to pose in a picture for me!
This weekend was beautiful and it felt so good to be outside.  We live just minutes from the Georgia State Farmers Market and this weekend seemed like the perfect weekend for fresh produce.   They've already gotten in their first shipment of watermelon!!
This week is Spring Break for most schools so everyone is here. 
I'm going to be happy just to be in my home town with the sun shining! 
It's been about two weeks since I had time to read some of my favorite blogs but I'm hoping to catch up this week.  I miss my blog reading!!!


10 comments:

  1. There's no place like home...and GA!!! I do somewhat envy all your travels though. I'm ready for a long vacation and some fun somewhere. Work has been very demanding! Enjoy the beautiful spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to figure out what happened to 2009

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have sunshine! and springtime! and fresh watermelon!!! I must move to GA immediately..;j

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are happy to be home. It's fun to be on the go, and you obviously attended some great meetings, but "there's no place like home."
    Hope you can enjoy some down time and relax with a good book or a few visits to blogs. ;-)
    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home! There's no place like it, I know. I hope you enjoy nestling in for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like March was a whirlwind time for you, the paper cranes are wonderful and such a great idea as a fundraiser.
    Enjoy the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a busy lady! I love the idea of the paper cranes. Enjoy the joys of home for awhile.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too have been gone for almost two weeks straight. Glad to be home, also catching up with my favorite blogs (i.e., yours)!

    Glad to hear your absence was filled with beauty and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You been to soem wonderful places and saw some amazing sights!

    The paper cranes are a wonderful fundraiser. The children of Japan sent many paper crane chains to NYC after 9-11. Their tragedy is mind boggling!

    ReplyDelete