Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Serendipitous Moment With Blogger Bronnie Masefau

NEWSFLASH!!!  
A copy of Bronnie's new Idea Book!!!  You can't imagine how surprised and excited I was to go to my mailbox and find a package from Australia!!  Bronnie sent me a copy of one of her books!   I'm so excited and what a lovely gesture.  Just in case you stop by and read my blog - THANK YOU!!!

CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT!!!


There is so much to show and tell about our visit to New York and one of the highlights of the weekend was meeting a blogger.  It was a honestly a serendipitous moment!  I love the movie Serendipity so I thought on this trip to New York it would be fun to go to Serendipity to try the famous frozen hot chocolate.   The place was packed but luckily I had made a reservation so we were seated as soon as we arrived.  Moments later two women were seated at the table next to us and it wasn't long before we struck up conversation with them.   As we began chatting I learned that I was speaking to blogger Bronnie Masefau, the Australian author, who was traveling with her mom.  We had a great time visiting with them and Bronnie's mom shared with me that Bronnie is known as the Martha Stewart of Australia and has just published her second book, The Ideas Book.

Hope you enjoy the photos from the restaurant.



Bronnie, her mom and me.
 
Just like in the movie.
Such a cute menu.  
Take a look at the Serendipity website to see the fare.

I loved all the decorations
and the architecture.  But the piece de resistance . . .

Yes, these are very


10 comments:

  1. What a lovely trip...and what good fortune to meet someone special. I have always loved the word SERENDIPITY:) I remember learning it and its meaning when I was in high school and it's been one of my favorite words ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoJo, glad you had a great time in the city. I didn't know of Serendipeity. Where oh where have I been?
    It looks fabulous. Love that you met a blogger. I'm off to check out her book. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to find that book! What an adventure you had - I love the serendipity....the cafe and the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely place at Christmas! I'm happy you had such a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how much fun! I love that movie. Your new header is so cute. Those girls sure have grown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoying your photo of the Frozen Chocolate...almost like being there again and many fewer calories. What a magical place it is...you have the photos to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! It is so neat when two lovely souls can bump into each other. The boundaries of the earth seem to grow smaller each day, don't they?

    Love that decoration around the door. I would like to do something like that on my mantel.

    I'm so glad you shared this story. It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a WONDERFUL time! And your two granddaughters - they have grown. The one on the left looks like you!

    Sandie♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you soooo much, for your lovely birthday wishes and have a wonderful Christmas time,

    Hugs Jade

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, now I am hungry and I want to go to New York asap. That is so sad about the lady. Can we find her and give her a little (all I have, haha) money? So bittersweet.
    Have a great weekend. Thank you for sharing New York with us.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete