Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Happy Blogaversary to Me!

Loved meeting blogger Bronnie and her Mum, a blogger from Brisbane visiting  New York
It’s so hard to imagine that I made my first blog post on this site on December 29, 2007. Happy blogaversary to me! At the time I started this online journal, I thought it would be a great way to stay connected to my kids. While one son was living 2 hours away, another son was in Germany and my daughter was in Portland, Oregon, so sharing photos and stories through journaling seemed like a fun way to stay connected. Well, my kids never read my blog but other people did and I quickly “met” online friends, many of whom I continue to follow and/or remain in contact with and for this I am grateful.

Over the years blogging has inspired me in so many ways - from books to music, fashion, home decor, baking, cooking, photography or travel. Ah yes, the travel. Reading and connecting with bloggers around the world helped open my eyes a whole new world. Our first trip to Mexico was inspired by a blogger and we ended up replicating their family vacation. In fact we might never have made the trip were it not for the blog post. Since that trip I’ve made nine trips to Mexico. Having a blog encouraged me to explore a lot of new things and meet people that I wouldn’t have met otherwise. And I really mean met, as in person. In fact I’m looking forward to meeting one of these bloggers next month. But that is another post. And who would have imagined being able to “attend” a fellow bloggers wedding! Yes, thanks to Facebook live an entire “sisterhood” was able to come together to attend the wedding ceremony two years ago.

There are times when I think abought my blog and I feel bad for not posting with greater regularity or for skimming my favorite bloggers posts and leaving the page without leaving a comment. My apologies. On this blogaversary I want to thank you for each post, comment, private email or photo that you’ve shared over the years and say thanks to you for allowing me to be in the same space with you (sometimes).

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I started HFTS IN 2009. We’ve been at it a longtime and friends since early on. I post infrequently as well, and I’m behind on visiting. Perhaps we can both do better in 2019..

    ReplyDelete