If you are like me you start the summer season off with goals and plans and my list of to-dos for this summer were simple:
- Do some deep cleaning around the house;
- Read a lot of books (my reading list is a mile long);
- Enjoy some sunshine;
- Take a short excursion to Mexico.
So far I’ve not managed to accomplish anything that was on my summer list of goals and as I’ve gotten older, I’ve had to adjust to the fact that family happenings will often rearrange my schedule. One of our granddaughters decided to stay with us this summer and it has totally rearranged our house and our lives and I’m happy to say that instead of getting to do the things on my list, I’ve done some other great things that were on her list. So here is how the summer is turning out.
|This was the view from our hotel - unbelievable!!!|
- We went to Greece! My husband’s brother got married in Mykonos so almost all of the family spent 5 days in heaven! Sometime soon I want to share more photos. It was far more beautiful than I'd ever imagined.
|Playing dress up with Jojo|
Instead of reading this summer we’ve played Sorry, Yahtzee and other games not to mention spending time sewing, crafting and cooking all sorts of fun things. We’ve made bean art projects, bread dough roses and spent time sketching and painting. I haven’t done this in years. We've also watched Gidget, a lot, and I love it!
- The rain just won’t go away but we’ve used the indoor time to play more games and instead of working late every night the way I normally do, I’ve rushed home to be with my granddaughter. It's been great to get out of the office earlier. We did go on a canoeing excursion, fell in the lake and lost all of our electronic devices and my new camera...not a fun outing but it was an experience we will never forget.
- So the trip to Mexico is on hold for now but this week I received the most incredible invitation to attend an event in DC which I can’t talk about now but will after I attend the event. I’m going to D.C. on Tuesday and believe me I will have more to share once the trip takes place. My understanding is that there will be no pictures but my memory will capture the moments and I'm hoping to put into words the things that I see. I’m still amazed (and somewhat nervous) about attending but I’m honored beyond words to have been invited to attend this incredible reception. Believe me, I will be back to share more about this next week. (Think American hero).
I’M GOING TO HAVEN!!! Honestly, I signed up for it so long ago that I'd almost forgotten about it until the email reminders started coming in. I can’t wait to attend, meet new bloggers, GET INSPIRED and get ready for a great online fall season!! It’s just two weeks away!!!!!
P.S. I think the housework will have to wait for now. Guess it's time to start my fall to-do list....