Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Flowers - Is That All You Can Talk About?


I was speaking to someone today and I mentioned that I had a blog. This person quickly said, "No point in reading your blog. My guess is, all you write about are flowers." There is some truth to that. To me there is such excitement in watching plants and trees grow and bloom. I think of flowers as the lace of our beautiful earth. They add beauty and grace to our landscape.

Today two of my friends shared really sad news with me and immediately I thought of sending flowers. While a bouquet of beautiful flowers cannot change a sad situation, flowers can serve as a symbol of many things.

This time of year we all start to think of summer, vacations, lemonade and the smell of freshly cut grass. In my mind when this time of year rolls around I think of picket fences and geraniums. Yes, here I go talking about flowers.

What are you thinking about these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment