Sunday, April 24, 2016

Art for Earth Day

I'm a little late getting my post up but had to share a few colorful and creative examples of recycling.

While in Isla Holbox, Mexico I spotted several items that had been repurposed. One photo I can't find was a wall of canning jars so if I find it I will add that photo this post. The jars were painted and mounted on wood frames and had a single seashell mounted on the front of each jar. It was a beautiful wall that made a striking impact as you entered the hotel reception area.

I hope you enjoy these examples. Let's keep reusing and repurposing!

Seen at a hotel in Holbox, Mexico

Parking lane dividers in Holbox, Mexico

Seen in Holbox, Mexico


Recycled boat in Holbox Mexico

8 comments:

  1. Cheryl, fun examples of how something can be recycled or repurposed to give beauty and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing these repurposing ideas . . .
    I am ready to climb in to that boat bed right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. some people are so darn creative, wonderful photos and great ideas. I've been trying to be more aware of upcycling around here, it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! There are some very imaginative people around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JoJo, those are just fantastic! Now if only I were creative like that! Great post~
    Happy day~
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just goes to show that a little imagination can make a big difference. I'd love to see the wall of jars - sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These plastic bottles are really colorful and look great with plants. I don’t buy plastic bottles though – now, tell me what could I do with empty wine bottles (apart from placing them in the recycle bin?)

    ReplyDelete