Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Make a Joyful Noise at the High Museum

Yesterday I headed over to the High Museum to see Cezanne and the Modern Masterpieces exhibit on my lunch hour (not enough time, really) so that I could see the exhibit before it ends. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful museum here in Atlanta and I'm even luckier that my office is just a block away.  The exhibit was fantastic and I have to say that I really loved seeing the work of Cezanne, Van Gogh, Manet, Toulouse-Lautrec and others displayed so close together.  It was really interesting to be able to go back and forth between the various works to look at the differences in brush strokes, colors and techniques.  



But the biggest surprise for me was the Make a Joyful Noise exhibit. I didn't know anything about the exhibit and it was truly a joy to hear the music and see these incredible music manuscripts and marble panels.  I can't imagine how long it must have taken to create the massive manuscripts.  The posting from the exhibit explained that the books were made large so they could be held up for church-goers to be able to read the music but when not in use they were to be part of the magnificence of the renaissance church. 



The exhibition leaves Atlanta on January 11 so enjoy it while you can. 

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by to wish you and yours a very merry holiday. May your day be filled with special delights.
    Merry Christmas! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete