Sunday, March 23, 2014

Mark Twain Was an Indophile!

Who knew?

What an unbelievable trip and incredible experience the past couple of weeks have been!  I've had the chance to see and learn so much about an amazing country.  Our flight got in late last night after nearly 30 hours of travel.  I'm still trying to adjust to the time and will be back to work tomorrow.  
Having taken over 1500 photos, I'm looking forward to sharing highlights from Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur and Varanasi.
Before I left for India I kept reading and hearing from friends to prepare for sensory overload (and "Delhi Belly")!  The sights, sounds, flavors, culture and the people found a way to massage all the senses and totally captivate me (and, I feel really lucky to have escaped any digestive challenges).   Over the next few posts I hope you will follow along to enjoy as I share some of my travel highlights.  I learned many things, including learning about others who've been equally as mesmerized by INCREDIBLE INDIA.
With our unbelievable guide, Dushyant Singh.

3 comments:

  1. What an exciting trip. Looking forward to hearing about it. Welcome home. It takes awhile to get over the jet lag, that's for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting . . . looking forward to seeing and hearing more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you liked India! I have been to India so many times and it never lost its magic. So amazingly beautiful and in so many ways so utterly stuck in traditions . So chaotic , so welcoming.
    Did you try Dhosas? And I still try to find the real Chai here....no such luck.And I never suffered from a Delhi belly - am a vegetarian. And if you can't peel it - don't eat it.
    More photos please!!

    ReplyDelete