Saturday, March 3, 2012

Rain, Coffee and Friends

Last night the storms kept me up so I was tempted to sleep in this morning, watch movies and read.   Instead we got up and drove about 40 miles, through the rain to have coffee with our friends Judy and Jeff.  Judy and Jeff were our neighbors for eighteen years. 
Party time in '98
During those years we raised our children, decorated our homes, held yard sales, gardened, dreamed, did lots of laughing and crying together, but most of all had lots of coffee talk. 
Starbucks - yay!
   In 2005 we both sold our homes with Judy moving further south and us heading north.  It was a sad day for us both.  I  could not have dreamed up better a better neighbor and friend.  I treasure those years.
Moving day 2005
  Today would have been a perfect day to sleep in and read but instead I enjoyed something even better - coffee with Judy.
 I'm linking up with The Tablescaper
celebrating Seasonal Sunday.
  


 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely post. This type of friendship is very, very special. I would have gone for the coffee, too! Have a delightful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoJo, How lovely that you still get to visit with dear friends and I'm glad you made it through the storms. I was ready to move into the downstairs powder room if it got any worse. Thanks for sharing your visit with your friends.Happy Sunday. Thank goodness the sun is shining.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the storms were bad – we had to go to the small bathroom and waited to see if the tornado in Dallas would come our way – it touched down 10 miles from us in Paulding Co.
    It is so special to have neighbor friends like you had and still have. We had made special friends like this when we lived in Marietta Ohio. Last year when we went to Columbus we did not drive down to Marietta, OH but thought we would do it the next time. Unfortunately she passed away this past fall – now we’ll try to drive back to Ohio and go to Marietta to see him. Times goes so quickly and we don’t know what will happen next. I am happy you had a great time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had this time with your friends and good to hear that you are safe after these terrible storms.
    It's truly special to have a friend who is also a neighbor. I'm lucky to have several good friends who live just a few doors away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post...I have neighbors I have moved away from and we are still great friends...thank goodness for facebook and blogging! You girls have aged well!! Great picture of you all! Glad you are safe from all those storms! Thanks for your sweet visit!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always so special to reunite with old friends and chat the night away. I'm glad the storms did not do damage in your area. It was certainly a sad weekend for so many.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post! I have a neighbor/friend like that! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a treasure to have precious friends and be able to spend time with them, come hell or high waters...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos...both old & new! I know she treasures your friendship just as much.
    I'm glad you were spared any of the damages caused by the storms. The wind has just been awful here the past few days. I want Spring to arrive so badly but I hate the storms that come with it.

    Hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a sweet post! The gift of friendship is the sweetest gift of all:)Must have so nice to catch up. Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures with us and for your loving comment on my decorative books. Glad to know you are safe after the storms. Happy weekend to you!Hugs~Poppy

    ReplyDelete