Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Yesterday. . ."A No Good Horrible Very Bad Day"

This was me yesterday, holding my face, bad hair, looking at food but unable to eat, aching.  I woke up in the night with a terrible toothache so first thing yesterday morning I headed straight for my wonderful dentist's office.   Our dentist has cared for our teeth for more than 30 years.   His office is in an old farmhouse shaded by pecan trees, in a small town thirty-five miles south of Atlanta.   

When I got to the dentist office, there were x-rays, lots of poking, and plenty of looking around and it wasn't long before I was sent to see an endodontist.   The endodontist was confident that I needed a root canal and a crown so he went straight to work - x-rays and drilling.  Suddenly, he stopped, his face became solemn as he said, your tooth root is broken into.  You'll have to get your tooth extracted.   He put a patch on it, charged me a large sum of money and sent me on my way.   
It wasn't long before I was in agony, and at this point, almost begging for someone to get rid of my tooth.  Tears were streaming down my face uncontrollably as I tried to wait patiently for the extraction.  As I faintly heard Adele playing in the background, I was clinching to the arms of the chair as the oral surgeon yanked my tooth out.  

Once again I headed out of the oral surgeon's office writing another big check.

So today, my face is sore and swollen but hopefully on the mend.   In just a few short months I'll have the opportunity to spend even more money on an implant, and a crown...yay!
 I'm counting on the week getting better from this point forward.  I'm focusing on thoughts of my future royal status as a queen once I get my crown.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, no! Definitely a "no good horrible very bad day!" Love the idea of Queen Cheryl ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear - I am SO in sympathy with you over this. In the last under-a-year I've had two molars crowned and the SAME two molars drilled for root canals withing months of these (gold) crowns. I was furious, as it meant that I went waaaaay over the limit of my dental plan and it cost a fortune. Needless to to say, I changed dentists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, JoJo, I'm soooo sorry. I don't think there is anything worse than a bad toothache. And can you believe how much dentists charge???? My dentist is also my neighbor. I tell him everytime I hear hammering at his house, I know something is going to go wrong in my mouth!!! He thinks it's a big joke but HONESTLY I have seen it happen over and over again. No wonder he gets to take lots of vacations too! I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate having dental work done...the good part is nowadays they give me a Zanax before I come:) Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week...you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't you just love days like that! Thankfully they are usually few and far between. That is just about the only thing that will get me to the dentist. gah...I'm so sorry, hope you are feeling better now that it's out. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, somehow I managed to delete your comment! It was an awful day but I tried my best to get photos along the way. Thankfully as of today I'm feeling better and giving it my best toothless grin!

      Delete
  6. Oh you poor dear - toothaches are no fun and so costly. I hate that for you. My husband had a really bad one once too. I am late in reading this so I am hoping that you are feeling better. sandie

    ReplyDelete