Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Taking a Break

Guess where we're going.

Thanks to Hiren.info for the photo!!!

Here are a few clues:


It's the most sparsely populated country in Europe.


In 2006, the country was ranked 4th on the list of "happiest nations in the world."


72% of all energy used in this country is produced from its own resources.


The majority of people in this country believe in elves.  They are also very superstitious. 


The language has been preserved completely unchanged for more than 1000 years.


This country has the longest work week in all of Europe - the country is dedicated to productivity.


Can you guess where I'm going?   Not to worry, I will be back in a week or so with LOTS of pictures and things to share.  Keep guessing!    See you soon!

13 comments:

  1. Well of course I know but will leave it to your fellow bloggers to figure it out. What a beautiful photo- you must be so excited on the Eve of your departure! Your family is thrilled for you to begin your travels and looking forward to your sharing your travel memories with us! Bon voyage!

    P.S. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh have a wonderful time!!! Can't wait for the pics
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful safe trip and I look forward to hearing all about it when you guys get back...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! I am so excited for you...can't wait to hear all about it. I'll stay mum till a few more commentors have guessed ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denmark? Sweden? Finland? Norway? It has to be one of those choices...lol!

    Have a wonderful time and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a grand time and travel safely! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how very exciting! I know you'll be back with some breathtaking photographs...and some awesome stories too!

    Enjoy your day~
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. finland? norway? iceland? dunno....but yay that you're going on a wonderful trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy yourselves, have fun and let us see the pictures. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know where - I talked to Joyce today - have fun - I am so excited for you - I just read a National Geographic article about this place.
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can say is that it looks like it would be wayyyy cooler then fall in the desert.

    I wish I would have seen this. I would have stowed away for sure!

    Have a wonderful time.

    Shiver a little bit for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Iceland? And I've always wanted to visit too. Can't wait to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been admiring your pictures; this country is so beautiful and looks so untouched and unspoiled it feels other worldly; these mountain peaks, waterfalls, sunsets all of it is just too much; I would move there if I could except I cant stand cold weather. Plus I don't speak the language and from what am reading here, it is no joke, learning to speak icelandic. Love that fishing lure story; wow, they are quite original (borderline eccentric) folks!

    ReplyDelete