Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Rainbow


I had been trying to decide what to post - stories about my girlfriend Chris, a neighborhood garden tour, photos from Macon, etc., and then it happened. A few of us in our neighborhood have formed a small dinner club and tonight as we gathered for our first "chillin' and grillin'" event, a big storm blew in. We all ran for cover and waited for the winds and rain to pass. In about 20 minutes the worst of the storm was over so we all headed for the front porch. Suddenly a small segment of a rainbow appeared and within seconds we watched as the rainbow began to expand. I love rainbows and while I have seen many of them in my lifetime, never have I seen a rainbow slowly grow from beginning to end. But that is exactly what happened tonight. There were 8 of us watching this small miracle unfold and it was nice to take pause and enjoy this incredible sight.

4 comments:

  1. a moment of absolute joy watching a rainbow form. I always catch my breath at the beauty and wonder of rainbows. How blessed you and your friends were tonite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! And what a treat to get to watch it with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous. Glad you could capture it. Hope all is well. All the bloggers need to get together again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the rainbow. I just read a book to Cub that describes it as a reminder from God to his people...I needed this, this week.

    ReplyDelete