Sunday, May 11, 2008

Home is Where the Heart Is



Storms were terrible last night and at about 4 a.m. the sirens sounded so we headed to the basement. The interruption of sleep threw my schedule off a bit today but we still managed to get most of our tasks completed. Earlier in the week I had bought fabric to make some new things for one of the bedrooms that up till now has not gotten much attention. Yesterday I made a comforter and today Hassan got the board cut for the simple lambrequin/cornice for the window so next week we will work on getting it covered and mounted. I still have to make a dust ruffle, sheers, pillows and cover a chair bottom. It has been a while since I've gotten enthused about home projects so I can't wait to see how this room turns out.

Today most of Mother's Day was spent outside. Zein was here to help get the beds cleaned, lined and weeded. When we finished I went to get a manicure to get the dirt out from under my nails. I am thankful for the weekend and the wonderful day. It felt good to get so many things accomplished at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment