Thursday, January 3, 2008

Brown Days


Brown days are here, the plants in the garden are dead or dormant which means it is time for catalogs! This is the time of year when I look forward to looking at garden catalogs and start shopping for new plants. I was even more excited when I read the latest issue of Garden Gate and saw that Bluestone Perennials is ranked number one for mail order plant shopping. You will find their web link in my list of favorites but their catalog is great too. Normally in January Bluestone will have the buy 3 get 1 free sale. Of course we still have watering restrictions in place but I am hopeful that Mother Nature will provide.

If you make it down to visit us in East Point you will notice lots of brown still hanging around in the garden. I am not one of those gardeners who is quick to prune, trim or rake away the dead plants. Instead, on decent weather days, I enjoy being outside and listening to the rustling noises - the music of the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment